Translate

Sunday 6 March 2011

Hummingbirds

Posted by PicasaI have wanted to use this hummingbird stamp from Clarity for ages but never got around to it until a recent card swap on the Rainbows Forum. The theme was Love is all Around. I stamped the birds onto glossy black cardstock with Versamark and coloured them with Perfect Pearls to a lovely shimmery finish. The oriental vellum was from a tiny notepad book from Papermania and the ornate heart stamp, embossed in black was from Elusive images. All the images were mounted onto black card that was very roughly edged with gold embossing. A gold ribbon completes.
I hope you like my card, I thoroughly enjoyed making it.

8 comments:

  1. The photo does not do this card justice. In real life the colours and subtlety of the whole thing are just gorgeous. Yep I'm the lucky recipient and the card is on my mantelshelf where it will stay for a long time cause I love it.
    thank you Janet.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janet. Love the stamps and the piece of vellum just sets them off perfectly. I see it was well received.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Ann, a gorgeous card and fab stamps.
    Love the vellum touch Janet.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Janet. I also have this stamp and have not yet used it, I wonder why I haven't? Love the effect of the perfect pearls on black cs.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Janet, love everything about it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, Your card is so beautiful. I love the iridescent hummingbirds. Must be the Perfect Pearl. I hope everyone will enlarge so they can get the full effect! The Asian vellum is gorgeous. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card - you must be so pleased to have that beautiful Clarity stamp to go with such a lovely design.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is GORGEOUS!!! You've really done both of the stamps justice.

    Well done you!

    Love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum