Translate

Sunday 6 March 2011

Bah! Humbug! #9 - Embossing


Posted by PicasaIn keeping with my New Year's resolution of trying to keep my cards as flat as possible, so that I only pay for ordinary post stamps - I failed miserably right at the end by sticking a wooden gold coloured star on top of my tree!

My tree is the very lovely Lacy Tree embossing folder from Cuttlebug and I have embossed the design very roughly in gold embossing powder and also the edges of the card. I have matted this onto a border design paper in off white from Sharon Duncan's Embossabilities CD. The snowflakes were cut by my trusty Cricut and embossed in gold.
I would also like to enter this card into Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge the theme this week is also embossing.

I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. Do leave a comment as I find them all very encouraging.

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgous Janet, I love the tree.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Janet, your tree is wonderful.

    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing. I've never seen this embossing folder before and it's lovely. When it gets time to mail this card, try plucking that star off and replacing with a stick on star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embossing Janet, this is a fab folder and one I have in my collection. So elegant.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this Janet, I too have this folder and it always looks great when done. I've never used embossing powder on it but it does work well so maybe I'll give it a go.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that embossing looks so real. A lovely card - made me smile when you failed at the last minute with the cheaper postage. I've given up even trying - one tiny tiny gem seems to grow huge when faced with the dreaded slot!
    Thanks for joining us again at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful elegant card Janet. I have that embossing folder and it didn't get used once this year. Must make better use of it this year.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a classy card - I love it.

    You might like to also enter it into my CHNC challenge 10 which this week is also asking for the use of embossing - and there's a random prize this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used this folder to death last year and will probably dig it out for this year too lol! It looks fantastic with the gold! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum