Translate

Friday 25 March 2011

Crafty Ann's Challenge #37 - Be Inspired by an Elvis Song

Posted by PicasaElvis sang so many songs, it wasn't difficult to find one I wanted to turn into a card! This is the challenge over at Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog. My card is inspired by the song'Wooden Heart'.
I have used Ann's Heart with Wings digi stamp and printed it out twice onto white card as thick as my printer would take (about 180gsm). The reason for this is because I used Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder to emboss the texture onto the card. These folders are very textured and the embossing digs deep into the card. Sometimes, if thin card is used, the embossing causes the card to split.
I then cut the image out and coloured the wings with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks. The heart was coloured with Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain. I cut out the second heart, coloured it the same and added it with foam pads to the complete image. The backing paper was similarly embossed and coloured with Walnut Stain and mounted onto one of Ann's tartan papers in blue and gold. The sentiment was computer generated.
I do hope you will come over and join us at Crafty Ann's - see what you can do with an Elvis song!

3 comments:

  1. Janet, this blew my socks off when I saw it on the DT blog and it still does. Anyone who says you can only achieve this sort of look with rubber stamps needs to be directed towards your blog! I think Sir Tim himself would be proud of this one.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card, the heart and wings are brilliant. Ann is right it show cases what can be achieved with digis.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum