Translate

Friday 4 March 2011

DragonsDream TIO #70 - Delicate

Posted by PicasaI found this challenge very interesting and informative. I watched the video (link on DragonsDream TIO blog - see side bar) a few times and then sorted my stamps out, ink pads etc and had a go. My first effort was the one on the right. I used tattered rose DI for my main colour and scattered straw, bundled sage, dried marigold and shabby shutters for the overstamp. Unfortunately, I forgot to overstamp the background texture before overstamping the flowers. My second attempt is on the left hand side. This time the colours used were tattered rose as before, but then tumbled glass, dusty concord, scattered straw and bundled sage for the overstamped flowers. I think quite a bit of research is needed to find which colours go best together as the most unlikely colours take over when spritzing the stamp.
My stamps were a Clarity poetry stamp embossed in white, a Canvas background stamp from Stampin' Up and Queen Anne's Lace stamp from Penny Black.

7 comments:

  1. I like them both Janet! Although my preference is the one on the left. Both are very apt for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really lovely Janet, very ethereal feel to them - must have a look at that video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are gorgeous Janet, I also prefer the one on the left as they are more 'my' colours.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauifully delicate, Janet... so glad you got so much out of this one... was always my dream, to challenge and get people to try new things..
    FRankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Janet, your enormous success with this technique inspires me to give it another shot. Both of your tags are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like them both very much. I agree with you change one colour and the whole look changes, makes it a lot of fun I think as you can not be sure what you are going to get. Love the ethereal quality.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your tags are gorgeous. It looks such a simple technique doesn't it until you try it. I struggled with the background stamping as that overtook the script and in the end left it out.
    It's definitely one that takes a bit of experimenting with but you certainly achieved wonderful results and I love the stamps you've used.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum