Translate

Sunday 13 March 2011

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #11 - Gold

Posted by PicasaI am delighted to say that I won a prize last week at CHNCC( see link in my sidebar). Thank you very much Hazel!
This week's challenge is Gold so with no more ado out came the gilding flakes I bought before Christmas and have never used. The image is one of my favourites by Elusive Images which I stamped onto acetate and then spread glue onto the reverse, sprinkled on the gold flakes and rubbed off. The coverage was ok, I had a few areas to re-do but not as good as using double sided adhesive film. The backing paper is by Papermania.
Thanks for stopping by and perhaps you would like to take part in Hazel's challenge this week. Another card for the Xmas stash!

8 comments:

  1. This is delightful, Janet. I've never tried gilding flakes (really must get some) - they are very effective. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 11 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - love guilding flakes.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful postcard, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for winning the challenge last week.
    A lovely elegant card and great use of the gilding flakes.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning last weeks challenge. This is a beautiful card, I love this stamp too
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Janet. This is very elegant, simply gorgeous. Hard to stamp though and get to look this good! I know I have tried.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you know how much I love shiny! Gorgeous gold, Janet. What fun it must have been to create. Now I know what to do with the gold flakes I have stashed away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Er, can I throw my hat in Janet? I'm way behind again with my blog hopping and have no idea where the time goes. I see you have made loads of beautiful projects since my last visit. Lots of lovely inspiration!

    This card is gorgeous. Black and gold is always so elegant and I have a real soft spot for gilding flakes. This stamp (one of my fave Christmas ones too) works particularly well with the flakes I think.

    Sorry you've been having all that white stuff again. Every time I see bad weather forecast for your part of the world it makes me think of you. Hope you're keeping cosy.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum