Translate

Friday 7 January 2011

Rainbow Lady's Challenge #134 - It's All New To Me

Posted by PicasaEverything I have used here is new to me - except the copper mirri board, black base card and the sakura glaze pens used to colour the coat on the art deco lady.
The 'feathered' decorative paper is from a very lucky find in a second hand book shop. I was overjoyed when I found a resource book about marbled paper and inside the back cover was a CD with all the designs. The paisley panel is from a Stampers Anonymous background stamp coloured with Desert Sand, Canteloupe and New Sprout Memento ink, I bought this in the summer and have never used. The main image is one of the Art Deco ladies from Debbi Moore which I got in the sale before Christmas.
The flowers are made from copy paper painted with Eco Green Pure Copper and Black acrylic paint. They tone perfectly with the card.
I found this card a struggle to make because I have lost my creative streak for the present. I do hope it comes back soon! Thanks for calling by and thank you in advance for your comments - they do encourage me.

11 comments:

  1. As far as I'm concerned, Janet, you can do no wrong with any art deco image and this is perfect!!

    How lucky were you to find that book?! I've bought quite a few second hand books, but that one is simply brilliant!!

    Love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your streak is back kiddo!!! What a great find that book was! Love the card and the colours are just perfect for Art Deco. Happy New Year love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your streak has found it's way home Janet as this is perfectly lovely. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, your streak is definately back. Beautiful work of art and what a find in the book. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking on gas I would say. The background paper is gorgeous and the flowers matching those on her coat are great. Thank you for joining in at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
    hugs Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Janet. I love your flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing card - Can't think why you think you're not on a creative streak - and what a stroke of luck with the cd. The marbled paper is fabulous - hope we'll be seeing a lot more of it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, you definitely haven't lost your creative streak. this is gorgeous. I was so impressed by your wonderful find at the book shop that I almost missed the fact that you made those beautiful flowers yourself. I enlarged the view and still can't tell how you did them. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I do not think that you have lost your creative streak at all. I love your Art Devo card. I love the image that you used as well as the copper paper. Both are goregous. I love looking at your cards!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Janet and what a fab find with that book! I love the colours and those flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you finding that fabulous book and your card is pure class. I love it.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum