Translate

Friday 14 January 2011

Crafty Ann's Challenge #32 - Ring In the New

Crafty Ann's challenge this time is all about bringing in the new - a technique, style - really anything to do with crafting that is a new to you. My new technique is Cracked Glass - I have seen it many times but never tried it myself. It is achieved by clear embossing the image several times, until the layers are quite thick and then placing it in the freezer until it is very cold and then bending the image until cracks appear in the embossing. You can then rub over a dark ink to enhance the cracked and aged appearance.
For this card I used Crafty Ann's pre-coloured Daffodil Sheet printed onto plain white paper rather than photographic paper. I used a matt finished plain paper so that the embossing powder could key into it. If you use a shiny finish like photographic paper, the embossing will crack and slide off completely. After cracking the embossing, I gently rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink into the lines to make it look aged. The base card is covered in Green Earthtones Embossed Flower paper and the matting layer is Lemon Abstract 2 paper - both available from Crafty Ann's. Cream lace threaded with dark green ribbon and punched corners complete. The sentiment is from Stampin Up and was punched and embossed to match the main image.
I do hope you will come and join us over at Crafty Ann's and share with us what new skill or technique you have learned.

5 comments:

  1. I love all the punch work and ribbon here Janet.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Janet and very effective.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if I'd hav e the nerve to try that technique but you've pulled it off OK. Love the lacy background too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Janet love the image and your design is super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this beautiful piece. The cracked glass technique is indeed fun to do. I've had successes as this one certainly is, and I've had not-so-good pieces. The daffodil is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum