Translate

Wednesday 13 July 2011

DragonsDream TIO #87 - Project Tim Holtz

I am delighted that we have an easy challenge this week over at TIO after the crippler that I set last week!  Dragonlady is asking for Tim Holtz inspired tags, using Ranger products and/or made in the style of Sir Tim of Holtz.  My tag is almost all Sir Tim influenced, however the style embraces the artist Beryl Cook (my DH says it is heavily influenced by the comedienne Beryl Reid - but I won't bother to explain to the younger readers out there!).
As always I have to make a picture and I just love anything to do with architecture or houses.  I was tempted to draw little people and chandeliers  in the windows but restrained myself.  The shapes are die cut with TH Artful Dwellings and Mini Openings and coloured with various Distress Inks and Distress Stickles.  The landscape is coloured with Distress Inks and I have used micro beads for the foliage at the base of the middle house.  They are fun to use and I love the effect and dimension they create but weird to watch rolling about as though they were magnetic.  The sentiment is from Clarity.  I hope you like my tag which, as always, is brightly coloured and not really very TH at all - more PlaySkool - but it is my interpretation of the theme.

I do hope you will join us this week and show us YOUR interpretation of  Project Tim Holtz over at DragonsDream TIO and I look forward to visiting to see your creations.

8 comments:

  1. Grand tag Janet - would love it with people at the windows.... Love those houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, Janet. I am glad you liked the theme this week... I do think it gives everyone an opportunity to use their stuff!! Great dream girl
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Tag, very Beryl Cook :) love all the texture from the micro beads you have got those to stick really well. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little houses with all the lights switched on. The added dimension of the beads is fabulous. Another great tag team!
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful tag, love the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Janet it's so different, and the foliage looks fab. Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, your tag is colorful and beautiful. I'm not familiar with either Beryl but I will look them both up. I have no die cutting machine so I am impressed that this house group is from a die. Very nice. I love the green minibeads shrubbery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag Janet, love the we houses
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum