Translate

Thursday 1 July 2010

DragonsDream TIO #45 - 3D Metallic Mode



I have had great fun making this week's offering and got extremely inky into the bargain!

This tag is mainly made of embellishments made of alu tape and alcohol inks mounted onto a base which has been stamped, inked, cuttlebugged and dusted with Perfect Pearls.

I think there is alot of mileage in using alu tape (DIY kind) as it is quite strong, flexible, takes alcohol inks really well and can be punched. If you are very careful, you can unpeel the backing and stick it down onto another surface. Burnish it with your finger and it will take on the shape of the surface beneath. The stamps used are butterfly (MS) birds and branches (Stampin' Up) and flowers (Woodware).

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment as I appreciate them all.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning tag Janet, love all the embellishments you've made!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a gorgeous amount of creativity from your corner of the world, Janet. Don't you love that shiny HVAC tape? I love to emboss it and use the alcohol inks on it just as you have done. This is so elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully metallic Janet my friend.... really beautifully dreampt, but you kept it quite romantic and I thought you wanted to get down and dirty!!!! Tee hee, you said you got inky so that will do eh!!?? Good stuff!!!!
    Huge hugs
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love this Janet. Those little birdies are gorgeous and I love anything metallic and inky.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erhm still not used my tape... Fab tag Janet the colours are gorgeous, I too thought you would get "mucky" this week hehe Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Janet, love everything about it, especially your colour choice.
    Must find where I put my 'alu' tape I got at Sheena's workshop.

    Hugs
    Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Dragon's made you go all mushy! - joking. This is a wonderful piece of artwork. All the elements work so well together.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum