Translate

Friday 30 July 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge #20 - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer


I can almost imagine myself lying on this beach, dipping my toes into the crystal clear water .... In my dreams!

For this card I have used Crafty Ann's Tropical Beach digi stamp and also Crafty Ann's Square Flower Frame #2 as well as a paper from her Mottled Stone Collection No.3.

The image is coloured with Sakura Glaze pens and for added texture the sandy beach is embossed with Sparkle N Sprinkle Beachcomber Tex EP (wonderful for sand and gravel texture}. The sea is embossed with Ocean Spray EP and the sky with Skylight EP.

The frame was printed out onto 160gsm shiny paper previously printed with the Mottled Stone DP and cut out and mounted onto the image with foam pads.

The flowers were decoupaged for added height and the whole was mounted onto a piece of purple pearlescent card which had been embossed with a script embossing folder and run through the Cuttlebug.

I do hope you like my card and look forward to you joining us in this fortnight's Crafty Ann's Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully done Janet - I'd love to be dipping my toes too, it looks so idyllic! I love the effect of all the different eps you've used.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Janet,I love the embossing and your flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be on that beach......

    Love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Janet another beauty. I do so WISH i WAS on that beach.Love the image and the way it is coloured and embellished.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, a gorgeous card, Janet.
    I love the colours and the beach really looks like you could wiggle your toes in it :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, the textures are brilliant and it looks so inviting!
    love jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how you make your Christmas cards look like paintings, Janet. This is so gorgeous. I love the color combination and the great depth and textures.

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum