Translate

Wednesday 25 January 2012

DragonsDream TIO #108 - The Beach

I am having a walk down memory lane here!  My maternal granddad was a magician and member of the Magic Circle and during the summer months was a Punch and Judy man, having shows in Tenby, Margate and Southend.  I was the youngest grandchild and his career was coming to an end by the time I was old enough to appreciate his skill.
My tag uses the very first stamps I ever bought - from Rubadubadoo.  I have stamped them onto cardboard that has been gessoed white.  The sand and the sea are embossed with sand effect and sea mist embossing powders from Joanna Sheen and give the tag a lovely tactile quality.  The pennants are from a Tim Holtz On the Edge die and coloured with Copic markers. The children are stamped and cut out and added with dimensionals.
Thanks for calling and do feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate them all.

9 comments:

  1. Janet, what an amazing and wonderful memory of your grandfather! I love the tag with the texture. Wish I could feel it. The stamps are delightful, especially the kids sitting in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a wonderful tag. Thanks for dreaming with us on TIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great creation Janet,must admit it bought back some fabulous memories seeing Mr Punch and Judy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag and how nice to craft happy memories. The children stamps are so sweet.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tag and a great story behind it - wonderful memories for you. Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag a what a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag, love the images
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Janet, so nostalgic
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely memory of your grandpa... this tag is just simply gorgeous!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum