Translate

Sunday 19 June 2011

CD Sunday Challenge - Tassels

I've gone all formal with this one!  I had half a sheet of the lovely blue and gold metallic chinese paper from Joanna Sheen's Ivory Cats and was determined to use it somehow.  I cut out the tag shapes with my new TH  Artful Dwellings die, stamped half a Clarity diamond trio onto the sides of each point and embossed with gold ep.  With one of the smaller Clarity corners, I stamped into the point and embossed again with gold ep.  I attached my tassel through the smaller tag.  The gold mat is made with Grace's Frame Cuttlebug embossing folder and I used a royal blue base card to fix it to.  The gold flourish at the top is a Nestability Floral flourish and it is only about the second time I have ever used that set.

I hope you like my card, it is rather formal but sometimes this type of card comes in very handy.  Thanks for stopping by and do feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from you.

18 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - I love it. I wanted to stay away from Oriental as well so used another CD. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely very stylish and elegant. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Janet, elegant and stylish
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW Janet, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it. Beautiful rich colours and a fantastic idea to use a tag.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! this is utterly gorgeous, Janet.
    Pure class!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Janet. Blue and gold is a winning combination. Thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant and so regal. You have made very clever use of the various elements, combining them so well. A lovely card my friend.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Janet, this is so elegant! Yes, it is formal and very beautiful. I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Janet and although formal it is also very elegant and well it just works. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colour combination. A real stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This works so well! I always love tassles.

    Love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so elegant Janet with great colours that go so well together.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, very elegant and such rich colours. Gorgeous card.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very elegant and stylish card Janet,I like the rich colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW amazing work. That lovely blue and gold metallic chinese paper is fantastic.Your tassel piece looks so elegent,I love the blue gold combination!
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and elegant card Janet, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday,Hugs Wendy X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple but very elegant. A beautiful card Janet.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum