Translate

Monday 6 December 2010

CD Sunday Challenge - Christmas Sparkle

I just don't believe how easy this card was to make! The image is a background scene from Card Creations Art Deco which I printed out onto the thickest card my printer would take. I used lots of Glitter Glass for the snow on the bridge and ballustrade and crystal glitter for the overhanging branches in the trees. The sentiment is computer generated.

I took 20 photos to try and depict the sparkliness and winter frostiness that the original card conveys. This was the best one and only shows a little of the sparkle. The real life one has turned out magnificently and did not involve any skill other than cutting out, glueing and glittering. It is so good, I shall be making some more! The added advantage is that it will travel by ordinary stamp as the card is not more than 5mm thick!!

Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to leave a comment - I appreciate them all.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. Oh you clever girl I would never have thought of that. It is a super image and I know what you mean about the sparkle not showing in the piccies.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet this is fabulous, I have got this cd and don't use it so often but this has reminded me to check it out and look at things from a different angle. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday and good luck with the draw.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Janet, stunning image and I love your your glitter glass, it really makes the card sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday and good luck in the draw.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just click on the card and you can certainly see all that super glitter. A lovely card and thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet this is a stunner! Love that image with all the sparkle.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, the sparkle shines through. I don't know how you got it to do that. I have such problems with scanning and photos. This is so beautiful. It is the ideal winter scene and card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sparkly, this is lovely. So nice to see the oval shape too.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Janet, sooo beautiful. A great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet its absolutely gorgeous, the scene is perfect against the lovely burgundy frame. Thanks for playing along at CD Sunday. Hugs
    Pinky Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Janet - how clever and creative are you.Thanks for joining at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. So festive. A CD I don't have but it looks well worth getting. Set off beautfully in the oval frame. Wish I could see the sparkle better!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting today, Janet. I do so appreciate your taking your valuable time to leave comments. Hope your weather is better. The party is Friday. I am still working on the house. Just discovered I'm missing a couple of forks and a couple of knives to a set. I'll have to use non-matching silverware.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic card Janet, love all that glitter. Thank you for joining in the challenge with us at CD Sunday this week. Hugs, Anne (CDS DT)

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum