Translate

Monday 7 June 2010

CD Sunday Challenge - Girl Power


I know that this image is not exactly what the challenge is all about but it seems to me that this sort of "power" has been mighty successful over the years!



The image and backing paper are from Pandora's Box by Gwyneth Windsor. There are some really unusual images and topics on this CD and I think I will use it quite alot more in future. I decoupaged the bathing beauty and cut two nestie shapes and cuttlebugged them with the "You" embossing folder for mounts. In keeping with the retro look I made a border using an MS deep punch and completed the look with an irregular folded card.

Hope you like this and thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment as they are always appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Janet,I would say she is a powerful woman.xxx Thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for the challenge and beautiful too. It is nice to see how other people interprete the theme.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this image is just about what the challenge is all about, we all see power in a different way and as you say this has been very powerful over the years. Great card and thanks for joining inwith us at CD Sunday.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have captured the theme superbly Janet - the strongest form of girl power there is! Love the retro feel and that MS punch finishes it off a treat.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a difficult challenge Janet. Love the mounts they look super. Thanks for joining in with CD Sunday Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like it. Great use of those nestie shapes and I like your thinking on the 'power' front. Fab card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are quite right about that sort of power, Janet! I think your unique interpretation of this theme is delightful. Your art is beautiful as well. I like that backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and perfect for this challenge - love it! Thanks for playing at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum