Translate

Sunday 20 November 2011

Dawn

This is the breathtaking view I had yesterday morning when I was standing about on the terrace, dressed in nightie, dressing gown and wellies (for ankle protection) waiting for the hounds of hell to complete their toilette. The vista lasted for about 10 minutes as the sun rose over the forest,  opposite our house.  I just had to run in and get my camera.  To add icing to the cake, a quartet of swans flew directly overhead, making their way to the sea.  It was so quiet that I could hear their wings swooshing through the air on the downbeat  and their honking conversation that they kept up with one another the whole time.   I know the photo of the swans is rubbish but I was thrilled that I managed to capture them at all as they flew at a terrific pace. A truly magical morning.

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos, esp the dawn one - must have been cold waiting for the hounds though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular sight your sunrise was! You live in a very beautiful place. I know you are appreciative of your gorgeous surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sunrise and well done capturing the swans on camera. What a lovely start to a day.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sunrise. Well done on capturing the swans in flight. A truly magical vision.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum