Translate

Thursday 4 November 2010

Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Make a Picture

I am delighted to be chosen as Guest Designer on Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog this week and I do hope you will join me and Make a Picture.


This card started out as a play session with a brayer and rubber bands wrapped around the roller. I used Adirondack Woodlands ink pad and glossy paper. I really liked the 'primitive' look the brayering made and decided to enhance this by using simple outlines on the landscape. The houses and trees (Stampin' Up) are stamped in Staz On so they would dry quickly and not upset the brayering. The picket fence (Clarity Stamps)is stamped using the Woodlands pad.



Because I liked the simple rustic look so much I continued it with the backing papers and brad detail. The backing papers are freebies from StampTV. The sentiment is computer generated and die cut with Nestabilities Labels 4.



Have a go and make a picture - it is very satisfying and very addictive. I look forward to you taking part in Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week!





Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning Janet,I love the way you have put it all together.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Janet. Thanks so much for being my GD this week hope you enjoy it. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Janet, I could live there!! Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Janet, this is a wonderful picture card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, your example is marvelous! and what a wonderful theme for the challenge. I loved doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous picture Janet, i love the effect using rubber bands on the brayer
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Janet. Looks like a place I'd like to be. I've been distracted now and have to go back to check out StampTV. New one on me but it looks interesting. Thanks for the link.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum