Translate

Friday 21 May 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge #19 - Ribbon


All I knew when I started this card was that I wanted to use the ribbon slot punch I bought ages ago and haven't used yet. It became apparent that I couldn't use it around corners very well so the straight design dictated the layout of the rest of the card.


The ribbon is again courtesy of my friend Gladys and the central image was made up of a nestie cut shape from an old Christmas card which I edged with gold pen and a 4" doily that I sprayed with Red Lava Cosmic Shimmer Mist. I mounted this onto a gold nestie circle. I made it look a bit more of a rosette with the extra ribbon.


I like this because it has all the requisite shine, shimmer and bling I expect on a Christmas card!


Hope you like it too and please feel free to leave a comment.

7 comments:

  1. Briliant idea to make a rosette as a centrepiece - and the ribbon looks fab through the punch border.
    Hope the back's improving.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Janet. It made a wonderful Christmasy card. I have one of those punches but it punches tiny slits. I think I've used it once. The faux marble technique was fun, but I think you'd get the same effect if you just adhered the unstamped strips of colored papers and just stamped once. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Janet and good to recycle.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Janet. So pleased you were able to use your slot punch to thread the ribbon through - looks lovely. Thank you for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - I too have a ribbon punch that I haven't used yet! Should have got it out this week - hmmmmmmm why didn't I use my brain?
    Love the ribbon you have used - as you say it has that 'Christmas' feel to it.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Janet

    Oh this is just perfect for our challange. Your ribbon is gorgeous in fact I love everything about your card.

    Thank you so much for joining in our challange at Bah!Humbug!

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous and very creative card as always Janet.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum