Translate

Wednesday 3 April 2013

"Last Enchantment" Altered Book Page - Fox


This has been a work in progress, altering  "The Last Enchantment" ex-library book for over 12 months now, only working on pages as and when the mood has taken me.  I am almost at the end of my imaginary journey within an enchanted wood.  I have recorded all the animals and fantasy creatures encountered, together with a snippet of information, mainly in the form of poetry, about each one.

This is the first page I have drawn and coloured from scratch.  Usually, I have relied on rubber stamping or print outs for the images. The inspiration for this layout was from a painting by Patrick Latimer, a South African artist.  I was impressed by the simplicity of his fox drawing and felt confident that I could draw one too.  The picture has been coloured with water soluble Caran D'Ache Neo II crayons and blended with a damp brush.  I am very impressed with these crayons, with their ease of use and the rich pigmentation.  Not having to use a wet brush to blend means that the page does not get wet and wrinkled when drying.

Thanks for stopping by and do feel free to leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Love your altered pages Janet...Great art work.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, Your fox is absolutely adorable. I love his color. In fact the pages are alive with color. The water soluble crayons do such a wonderful job of giving brilliant colors to a page. Beautiful work. I have made my drawing have a darker background. One other person suggested I darken the eyes, which I will try to do. If I mess up, no one will see the next version! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is gorgeous Janet... not only love the scene you have painted but your fox is wonderful... and yes... love those crayons too...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are very vibrant Janet and well done you drawing it all. The fox is fabulous and finishing the book is a mighty achievement.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum