Translate

Thursday 5 January 2012

CD Sunday Challenge - Olympics

I found this a very difficult challenge until I found this silhouette of a greek man holding the eternal flame.  This is courtesy of Gwyneth Windsor's Silhouette Sensations CD.  The background has been stamped with russet and coffee coloured Archival Inks and the stamp is from The Stamp Man.  The olympic rings were from Wikipedia.

I have thoroughly enjoyed making this card as it is the only thing I have made since before Christmas due to my dear husband John wrecking his back and taking to his bed on Boxing Day.  Thank you ladies!
Thank you too for calling by and do feel free to leave a comment, as I find them very encouraging.


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous silhouette, just perfect. Love the background stamping too. Glad you are back on the crafting wagon.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Janet, I love the background and the silhouette is fabulous.
    I do hope Johns back is ok now.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Janet and thanks for joining us with this fabulous card, I do like the way you have done the background and the image is perfect.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet. I love this ancient version of the Olympics. Happy New year to you and I hope your husband has recovered.
    Thank you for joining in at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet, this is a fablous card the silhouette is brilliant. I hope John is improving. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday
    Beryl x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea Janet, lovely card. hope that John's back is a little easier
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Janet, love the stamped background, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, a super card with a fab stamped background. Love the image too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Hope John is feeling better.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Love the stamped background. I think I need that CD! Thanks for sharing.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Janet and thank you for joining us at CD Sunday for the start of a new year. I think you have captured the ancient/traditional flavour of the Olympics perfectly with your lovely card.
    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your dh's back. My lower back and hips are giving me fits now but being in bed seems to make it worse. Your Olympics card is beautiful. What a great silhouette you've found to use!

    ReplyDelete

Rainbow Forum

Rainbow Forum